Monday, November 17, 2008

That's So Punny!!!

Sometimes when I get bored I like to make lists. Occasionally these lists serve an actual purpose (To Do lists, grocery lists...) but typically they bear no relevance to anything productive.

Today my mind wandered to puns. Immediately after "pun," an image of Carrot Top popped into my head. Confused, I consulted Google, found the exact image that had just flashed through my head, and posted it here.

I had TOTALLY forgotten about Chairman of the Board. I can remember laying on our gigantic Patrick the Pup from FAO Schwartz, eating a jawbreaker and watching it on repeat. Not because it was good, but because it. was. always. on.

This startling memory spawned the creation of a new (completely unproductive)list.

Most Unforgivable Movie Titles:

1. Maid in Manhattan

2. Made of Honor (seeing a trend here?)

3. Octopussy (I know its a Bond film....but come on.)

4. Me, Myself and Irene

5. Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous

6. Step Up 2: The Streets (okay, i actually love that title for its trickery, but it stays.)

7. Lucky Number Slevin.

8. The Beautician and the Beast (much like Chairman of the Board, I regretfully watched the shit out of this movie as a child.)

9. Snakes on a Plane (This movie has no poker face.)

10. Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? (this title is self-serving, irritating and includes punctuation. If I die young, it will be from hating Tyler Perry .)

***After posting, another one came to me. I have a feeling this will happen for weeks to come.

11. Bride and Prejudice

12. Good Luck Chuck

13. Sister Act II: Back in the Habit

14. License to Wed

15. A Million to Juan

3 comments:

Ten Dollah Bill said...

If I may, I would like to submit a couple...
Die Hard 2: Die Harder
Rumor Has It

Lisa Tate said...

I used to wonder if Carrot Top was a man or a woman. I couldn't tell.

Lisa Tate said...

testing, testing