Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dear God, No

Facebook Login

Account Unavailable

Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.

or Sign up for Facebook


I just tried to log into facebook for some quality mid-afternoon stalking and the site is DOWN. Which means either someone googled google (a sure sign of the apocalypse- the world as we know it will cease to exist if this ever happens so PLEASE never do that) or my computer is being rude. It makes me uncomfortable to admit that my instant reaction to this facebook news was to update my status to see if it was just me who got hit with rejection...but, like, I can't.

I am terrified to think of a workday without facebook. It is my sun, it is my moon, it is my bastion of useless knowledge and amateur photography. O! evil gods of downed systems, how dare ye taketh away my ability to update my status and peruse the quotes of quasi-strangers! Without the fortification of my friends' witty comments, my wall will surely come crubmling down!


[Editors Note: In the time it took me to write that post Facebook dropped its iron curtain and let me back in. But whatever, it's not that big a deal.]

No comments: